Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Review: Journeyman's Ride - Marie Harte

Journeyman's RideJourneyman's Ride by Marie Harte

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Danner is trying to live in a simple town as a simple man, although he’s actually far from it. Danner’s a journeyman – an interdimensional traveler with the ability to absorb the lightening sent by mischievous and angry gods. Danner’s life changes when the lightning storms start and a train is struck, killing everyone aboard it – except Miranda. 



Miranda thinks she’s protected from the lightning because of the necklace she’s had ever since she was little, but she’s actually a journeyman just like Danner. Miranda needs Danner to guide her across the Damned Plains, so she can fulfill her mother’s last dying wish – to protect her cousin, the princess, who’s been kidnapped by a prince who really wants Miranda.

They cross the plains and face creepy blood ravens, visits from gods, cannibals and terminator-esque spyders. Danner and Miranda fight their passion for each other at first, but neither of them can deny it for long. When they get to the princess – after being captured by the spyders and separated - and see she’s in league with her kidnapper, Miranda realizes she fell for the trap and unleashes her power like she never has before. She finds Danner in the castle, resting and HEA.

I liked this story, but I think I would have liked it more if I’d known more about the world we were in. I kind of felt like I missed a book in the series and was missing vital information for the story. I felt Miranda was extremely naïve. Danner was hard and cold. I thought Miranda and Danner had great chemistry and they sure made some hot monkey love. I think the world the author created was interesting and unique, I just wanted to know how it got that way. The story was face paced and easy to read.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment