Saturday, May 21, 2011

Review: Management Skills - January Rowe

Management SkillsManagement Skills by January Rowe

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Before Grant was CEO of his company, one of his first jobs was the lighting at an exotic-performing sex club. There he laid eyes on the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen. Years later, after Allie’s quit performing and graduated from college, she’s finally got the job of her dreams. Grant can’t believe it when he recognizes Allie as the performer he’d never been able to forget. 


She agrees to go out with him and they have great chemistry together, but he wants more than just sex. He was to own her and she’s already been there and done that – it didn’t end well – and doesn’t know if she can put herself out there like that again. Grant’s determined to have his way or he’s prepared to let her go.

OK – I liked most of this story. Allie was a strong character and knew what she wanted, but she seemed to throw it all out the window when Grant popped into her life. Grant knew what he wanted as well, but wasn’t willing to make compromises until it was almost too late for them. I thought the pair of them had scortchin’ chemistry and the general storyline was interesting. I didn’t like the with-holding aspect of the relationship though. Not at all – I thought I was kind of cruel. I think had that part been different, I really would have upped my rating.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment