Saturday, September 24, 2011

KLB tour: The Renfield Syndrome by J.A. Saare


Thank you for stopping by on my stop of the tour.  I would also like to thank KLB and J.A. Saare for allowing me the opportunity to take part.  I really loved this book and hope you enjoy my review!



The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)The Renfield Syndrome by J.A. Saare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Vampires, and werewolves, and demons, oh my.

Rhiannon thought facing off against a deranged child vampire was the most dangerous task she would ever have to undertake, but she’s about to discover making a deal with a demon is far, far worse. Sent forward into another reality, one in which vampires are now dominating nearly extinct humans, she realizes the sooner she returns to her vampire lover, Disco, the better.

Unfortunately, time changes a lot of things; including those most trusted around her. When she’s faced with a loss and betrayal unlike any she has ever known, her focus shifts from severing the debt between the demon that wants to kill her, to exacting a revenge that will bring forth consequences she never could have fathomed. By reaching out to the darkness lingering within her, she’ll find the strength to push forward despite the circumstances that would see her dead and buried.

After all, when it’s all said and done, all that she has left to lose is her soul.

So I started this book exactly 10 seconds after finishing the first installment of Rhiannon’s Story (seriously, read it if you haven’t – it’s fracking amazing) and I was not disappointed! It’s hard to write a review and not give spoilers on a book that I liked so much.

The Renfield Syndrome is a rollercoaster of emotions, action and wicked hot passion. Rhiannon is awesome. I love her tenacity, her drive and her gumption. She handles the situation extremely well and sets out to try and make the world a better place. I also love that she's all kick ass and take names later. As for Paine, I have to wonder – does he feel like he does because he can’t see her death or does he really love her for who she is? Disco is not my favorite character in the story this time. He doesn’t give Rhi a chance to explain anything and really hurts her in the worse way possible.

The writing is easy to read, flows well and had little to no grammatical errors. The passion and excitement are definitely felt by the reader while reading. I applaud Rhiannon for not running away and holding her own. I think this is an excellent story, as well as series. I’m waiting, very impatiently BTW, for the next in the series and am sure it will be just as good if not the best!



Thank you for stopping by! Visit the next stop tomorrow at:
Reviews by Molly Review

0 comments:

Post a Comment