Monday, May 20, 2013

review: Taking Chances by Molly McAdams

Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1)Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
4 of 5 stars

Eighteen year old Harper has grown up under her career Marine of a father's thumb. Ready to live life her own way and experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit; she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family and emotions. Some she wasn't expecting yet, and others she never knew she was missing.

She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with her boyfriend Brandon, and her roommate's brother Chase. Covered in tattoos, known for fighting in the Underground and ridiculously muscled...they're exactly what she was always warned to stay away from, but just what she needs. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both adore and would do anything for Harper, including stepping back if it means she's happy.

Her first year away is turning out to be near perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything. (Thanks GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts -
Another book I couldn't put down. I loved it and I hated it and I loved it - almost like Korean Drama (there's not always **usually** a HEA). I liked this on a lot. At times it kind of felt like another 'Beautiful' new adult romance I read recently, but it held it's own and definitely didn't turn out the way I wanted or expected (hence the Korean drama reference - watch one, they're great!!).

I think all of the characters worked really well in the story and were well developed. The story was faced paced, easy to read and absolutely captivating. Harper, Chase and Brandon were an intense/special love triangle that was just a heartbreak waiting for one or all of them. I laughed, got and and cried in this book. Their love was passionate and at times extremely lovely. Great work Molly McAdams.

1 comment:

  1. You have made me very curious about this series... ;)

    ReplyDelete