Saturday, June 29, 2013

review: The Bet ~ Rachel Van Dyken

The BetThe Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
4 of 5 stars
DRC provided by NetGalley

"I have a proposition for you..."
Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus's mouth. Instead, she made a deal with the devil in hopes of putting her past behind her once and for all.
Four days.
She could do four days!
But she wasn't counting on Jake’s older brother Travis being there to witness their farce of an engagement.
One thing is for certain.
One brother is right for her.
One wants a lifetime.
And one is in league with the devil.
She should have gotten Jake’s signature in blood.
(Summary provided by GoodReads)

My Thoughts -
I liked this story a lot. I enjoyed the teasing between Kacey and Travis and I adored how the brother's family loved Kacey so much.

Kacey was a big push over when it came to Jake, but a total hard-ass when it came to Travis. I kind of wanted to smack her when she agreed to do the things she did for him. Travis was always there to rescue her when the situation turned awry. Jake was a d-bag, a big big d-bag. I really felt Travis was my favorite person in the story - beside Grandma, she was a hoot!

I felt this was easy to read, fast paced and all around a great story. The love scenes were hot and the chemistry between Travis and Kacey was intense. I want to read Jake's story next - I have a feeling that might be 'pee your pants from laughing' worthy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment