Saturday, June 29, 2013

review: Bitter Fruits ~ Sarah Daltry

Bitter Fruits (Bitter Fruits #1)Bitter Fruits by Sarah Daltry
2 of 5 stars
DRC provided by Net Galley

PARANORMAL EROTIC ROMANCE

Attending a vampire-themed masquerade party seems like a strange way to spend a night, but Nora is sick of frat parties and bars. Meeting Alec was just a bonus. Despite their immediate attraction, however, Alec is wary of involving himself with Nora, and when she pushes it, she discovers that Alec has secrets that could destroy them both. Is she willing to risk everything for a man she hardly knows? How far into darkness will he take her?

When Nora attempts to follow, however, things grow more complicated. Someone is hunting her - someone tied to a secret that goes back to the beginning of man. Soon, Nora finds herself drawn to two men, each with his own agenda. Can she save them both when one is destined to die? (Summary thanks to GoodReads)

My thoughts -
Hmmmm, how do I say this? I really kind of hated it. I was interested enough to finish it, but I admit that it was difficult. Even though the premise of the story is unique and very original, it was hard to read.

I liked the idea behind the story. It just wasn't executed well. Sorry. I didn't connect with any of the characters. Usually there's one, in this - none. I also thought there were too many kinds of SUPs in the story, even though they were all kind of the same thing. I also thought getting it on on a deserted grassy knoll, not once but twice, in the middle of campus was a bit weird.  I felt that at times, some of the wording was cheesy and not current. I wanted to print it out, red pen it and send it back - that's all I'm sayin'.

0 comments:

Post a Comment