Monday, June 10, 2013

review: Twisted by Rebecca Zanetti

Twisted  (Dark Protectors, #5.5)Twisted ~ Rebecca Zanetti
2 of 5 stars
DRC thanks to NetGalley

Maggie is a wolf shifter who was captured and experimented on by the Kurjans. Now that a cure has finally been found for shifters (although not for vampire mates or witches), she can concentrate on creating a new life for herself and finally accepting that her memories are gone forever. Most memories, that is. Sometimes in the hazy world between dreams and dawn, she hears a Scottish voice, dark and deep, that sounds suspiciously like wolf-shifter Terrent Vilks. A man she happened to anger by kidnapping a few years back. Hey, it was for a good cause.

Terrent Vilks knows more than he’s let on for the past several years. After digging for answers, he knows exactly why the demons want Maggie dead. And he remembers his past with Maggie…very well. She is finally where he wants her. Now all he has to do is discover what exactly the Kurjans did to her, beat the demons into so much submission they leave her alone, and get her to fall in love with him. Again. Good thing he’s used to wrangling monsters. (thanks to GoodReads for the summary)

My Thoughts -
This story is a fast paced, steamy, easy to read book. Even though I felt a bit lost, because I haven't read any of the other books in the series, I still enjoyed this story quite a bit. Maggie was strong for surviving a horrifying experience. I think at times she was a bit wishy-washy and didn't stick to her guns like she said she was going to, but in the end she found herself. Terrent was a patient and domineering man. I loved the cheerleaders and hated the Alpha's d-bag son. I think, for me, because I was so lost in the story - I had to give it a low rating. Had I been more invested in the series, I most likely would have rated it higher. This novella interested me enough to where i want to read more of the series though:)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog. Please follow mine, it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete