Monday, July 29, 2013

review: Along Came a Spider by Kate SeRine

Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)Along Came a Spider by Kate SeRine
 4 of 5 stars
Expected publication date: 8.1.2013
DRC provided by NetGalley

Along came a spider…

When Trish Muffet is attacked at a grisly crime scene, the last person she expects to come to her rescue is Nicky “Little Boy” Blue. But since walking away from everything two years before, Nicky’s been doling out vigilante justice as “The Spider,” taking on the vicious predators of the night in hopes it’ll lead him to his ultimate target – Vlad Dracula. And he needs Trish’s help.

Although Nicky’s renegade style goes against everything Trish stands for, she’ll do what she must to bring Dracula down. With danger stalking her, Trish knows the only person she can count on is the one man who has the power to leave her breathless. There’s no way she’s letting this spider frighten her away… (thanks GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts -
Different. Interesting. Great read! I thought it was great. I really like the unique idea of taking the old fairy tales and twisting them into something new and intriguing. I love fractured fairytales:)

Who ever though little Miss Muffet and little Boy Blue would have so much chemistry? Trish and Nicky were hot - they had great chemistry and really should have been together all along. I enjoyed the expansion of the lives of these characters and more. I thought the idea was super original and executed very well.

The mystery/suspense/danger aspect of the story is drawing and pulls you in almost immediately. Vlad, vamps, ghosts and the covert human agency. I loved it.

I wish I would have read the other books in the story. Although this is book 3 in the series, I didn't really ever feel like I was missing a chunk of the story like I've experienced in others. I thought it was well written, easy to read/comprehend and fast paced. All around great!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment