Sunday, July 7, 2013

review: Real by Katy Evans

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1)Real ~ Katy Evans
5 of 5 stars
DRC provided by NetGalley

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

REAL – Book #1 of The Real, Raw & Ripped Series - April 9 2013

Mature New Adult/Adult Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 18 and up. (thanks GoodReads for the summary)

My Thoughts - 
Great story! This book was fast paced, easy to read and I couldn't put it down or stop thinking about it. I loved the integration of great music and the explanation that a great song can really say something that's often hard to be said. The song choices were perfect and made me want to listen to them right away. Brooke and Remy are such a perfect pair together. You can really feel their chemistry right when the story starts out.

Brooke was a cool chick. She was a super athlete until major injury derailed her from her path. She overcame her injuries and set herself on a new path, despite her biggest blunder being posted on YouTube. I don't like how she flew off the handle and just gave up at one point - she almost wrecked the relationship for good.

Remy had a hard, hard past. He was abandoned, institutionalize and misunderstood. Being a manic depressive, Remy was intense and passionate. He had bouts of 'blue' and 'black' as they called it. He had jealousy issues, trust issues and alpha issues. He didn't want to take meds to control his diagnosis, but in some cases (like his) something really should had been in place for him. Keeping his diet healthy and a low level/lack of partying helped, but it just wasn't cutting it. Tranqs and whores weren't the answer for him either.

Brooke knew the moment she saw him and so did he. He saw her and didn't want to stop seeing her. Their coming together was an adventure, a wicked great adventure. This story was intense and emotional and one awesome read!! Great work Ms. Evans:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment