Wednesday, October 16, 2013

review: Stay With Me by Elyssa Patrick

Stay With Me (With Me, #1)

Stay With Me by Elyssa Patrick


My rating: 4/5
DRC provided by NetGalley for an honest review
Published: 8.30.13
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance


Summary
New Adult/Contemporary Romance - recommended for ages 17 and up.

With one look, I’m his . . .
With one touch, he’s mine . . .
With one kiss, it changes everything between us . . .

I’ve been famous since I can remember. Singing, acting, dancing—I’ve done it all. The tabloids cover my every move, but I don’t want that anymore. I want to be normal, whatever that is.

When I leave Hollywood for college in Vermont, I’m on my own for the first time in my life. This is my chance to figure out who I am and what I want in life.

But it’s a lot harder than I expected. I can’t escape my image. Classes are difficult, and I’m struggling. And then there’s Caleb Fox.

Sexy, intriguing Caleb Fox.

Caleb is the one man who doesn’t want to use me. He breaks down my walls. He challenges me. He wants me. And I just don’t know if I can give him the same—or if he’ll stick around when he finds out my shameful secret that the tabloids haven’t managed to uncover.

Dating him is risky enough, but loving him could break me. (Thanks to GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts –
Where does the story take place? A college town in Vermont
Is the title a good/bad choice for the story? Works good, I think
List the top 3 characters and 1 word to describe them each. Hailey – lost, Caleb – real, Daphne - awesome
Give the book an alternate ending…or were you happy with it? Happy with it
Did you cry, laugh, sigh, cringe, fume or feel nothing? A few – you see for yourself :)

Stay With Me is a sweet story about love, trust and believing in oneself. This was a great read that I couldn’t put down and didn’t want it to stop.

Hailey wants to starts over and really isn’t sure of herself as a “regular” person. She meets this guy and can’t really trust the feeling she’s having for him or him in general because in the past she’s only ever been used. Hailey was an ok character but not my fave.

Caleb meets this girl and instantly feels a connection to her. Yeah, he knows who she is – but that’s really not a factor in him wanting to get to know her better. He’s a great guy and has an awesome group of friends who accept Hailey for who she really is. Caleb is totally the boy I want my daughter to meet in college and end up with.

The instant connection between these two is sizzlin’. Their chemistry is smexy and heartfelt. This was a fast paced, easy to read story. The language isn’t hookey/corny and the characters are awesome. Great job!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment