Sunday, July 5, 2015

review: Hockey Is My Boyfriend by Melanie Ting



Hockey Is My Boyfriend by Melanie Ting

My rating:  3/5
Hockey Is My Boyfriend Part 1 (of 3)
ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review
Published: 5/27/2015
Genre:  New Adult Sports Romance

Summary –  

What happens when ice meets heat?

Kelly Tanaka dreams of playing hockey for a top university team and even winning a scholarship. To achieve that, she’ll need to focus hard and switch to a new competitive team. An initiation prank forces Kelly to kiss Nick Ericcson, a handsome blond hockey player. And that kiss leads to her first relationship and a host of other distractions.

Phil Davidson is tall, dark, and irritated. He’s been Kelly’s best friend since they laced up skates together as kids. Although he’s had lots of girlfriends, he’s never forgotten Kelly’s promise that she would tell him when she was ready to date. And now, he’s determined to force a substitution and become her new boyfriend.

Hockey Is My Boyfriend, Part One is a funny and passionate journey into first love. This is the first book in a trilogy follows the adventures of Kelly as she stick-handles her way through life and love.  (Thanks to GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts –

Hockey Is My Boyfriend is super quick, sweet read. 

Honestly, I wanted to slap Kelly throughout most of the book.  She has Phil, who is all for her, but then she starts up with the d-bag Nick.  I don’t understand her naivety to the point of almost being stupid.  Phil, I think, should have manned up a bit and fought for her harder.  But they’re so young in this story, the sensual scenes made me cringe a bit. 

I liked enough on go on to the next level, but hopefully Kelly stops drinking the dumb Kool-Aid. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment