Tuesday, September 1, 2015

review: Truly by Ruthie Knox



Truly by Ruthie Knox

My rating:  4/5

DRC provided by NetGalley for an honest review

Published: 9/2013

Genre:  New Adult Contemporary Romance

Summary –

May Fredericks hates New York. Which is fair enough, since New York seems to hate her back. Just weeks after moving from Wisconsin to Manhattan, she receives the world's worst marriage proposal, stabs her boyfriend with a shrimp fork in a very public venue, and accidentally becomes notorious. And that’s before she gets mugged.

At her wit's end, May washes up at a Packers bar in Greenwich Village, where she meets a surly, unhelpful guy who hates her shoes and calls her ex a douche.

His name is Ben. He used to be a chef. Now he's a rooftop beekeeper with anger management issues. She wouldn't even like him, but he reminds her of home … and he knows where to find all the best food in the Village.

She makes him laugh. He buys her tacos and cowboy boots. The longer they’re stuck together, the better May and Ben get along … and the harder they fall. TRULY is a quirky, modern New York love story unlike any you've read before.
(Thanks to GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts –

Truly is a witty, sexy, fantastic story of two strangers coming together in the most perfect way.  I absolutely adored this book.  I laughed out loud, swooned and felt all the emotions in between.

I love grumpy ass Ben.  He’s a hoot and a bee keeper to boot.  I like the uniqueness of his character and I like that he puts May out of her comfort zone in the city she hates so much.  May is a pretty likable character as well.

I like that there was no cliffhanger and I like the general idea around this story.  Great god to the author – I will definitely be reading more from Ruthie Knox in the future!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment