Monday, December 28, 2015

review: Slade: A Bad Boy Stepbrother Romance by Sienna Valentine



Slade: A Bad Boy Stepbrother Romance by Sienna Valentine

My rating:  3/5
Kindle Edition on Kindle Unlimited
Published December 7th 2015
Genre:  Stepbrother Romance

Summary –

Seven years ago I made the biggest mistake of my life.

Slade Jarvis. Hot, ripped, and tattooed, yes. But also an arrogant prick.

Still, even at eighteen, I should have known better than to let him seduce me. I was taken in by his charm, even though I knew he really only cared about one thing: himself.

He taught me everything I know about sex, but then he screwed me in another way before disappearing from my life. F*ck him.

Did I mention he is my stepbrother? Yeah. There’s that, too.

But now my real brother is in trouble and Slade is the only one who can help. My parents want nothing to do with him, which means I can count on them to help find him, even to help Kellan.

That leaves it up to me.

But I don't ever want to see Slade again, either... do I?
(Thanks to GoodReads.com for the summary)

Note: This is a stand-alone romance novel with an HEA ending. And, as a special BONUS, this copy of Slade also includes a FULL COPY of the best-selling follow-up novel – Kellan!

My Thoughts –

The over-use of the words "stepbrother" and "stepsister" was slightly awkward and maybe ew. I think it was supposed to be part of the dirty talk/thinking, but it just did not do it for me.   I think the story could have gone a bit further than it did, making you invest in the characters more.  I feel that strong convictions/minds changed a bit too easily as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment