Wednesday, January 20, 2016

review: The Dirty Secret by Kira A. Gold



The Dirty Secret by Kira A. Gold

My rating:  3/5
DRC provided by NetGalley for an honest review
Expected publication date: March 28th 2016 by Carina Press
Genre:  New Adult/Contemporary Romance

Summary – 

From the Desk of Donna Edith…

My services are unconventional. My clients come to me with needs and I match them to other clients with needs of their own…

Promising young architect Killian Fitzroy: Driven, clever, eager to prove himself. Starved for sex, though he’s come to me for professional assistance, not personal. Needs: Someone unique, creative and fast. An artist with a feminine perspective to breathe life into a house he’s built.

Aspiring scenic designer Vessa Ratham: Sensuous, spontaneous, but secretive. Recently returned to Vermont armed with an art degree that qualifies her for little more than waiting tables. Needs: An opportunity to shine.

Yes, Killian and Vessa will satisfy each other nicely—in more ways than one.
(Thanks to GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts – 

I enjoyed The Dirty Secret.  I think Killian and Vessa are great match.  I feel the concept of the book is unique and very interesting.  The writing was well done and the story flowed pretty smoothly.

The story had a bit of humor, seriousness and lot s of smexy hot lovin’.  I felt the ‘secret’ could have played a bigger part in the story though – I think for the book the be named The Dirty Secret, the secret maybe should have more grandiose or more of the story (not just the end)…that’s just me though.

Like I said earlier, it flowed well and was easy to read.  The use of non-cheesy dialogue was appreciated.  I’d like to read about more of Donna Edith’s matches, so great job to the author.

0 comments:

Post a Comment