Monday, January 24, 2011

Kyndred #1 - Shadowlight by Lynn Viehl

Shadowlight (Kyndred, #1)Shadowlight by Lynn Viehl

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If I had not had tears at the end it really would have been a 3.

Jessa has a special ability, one no one can know about. Unfortunately some already do. The baddies and the goodies. The baddies and goodies have both been tracking Jessa for a while now and when the baddies make their move to abduct Jessa, the goodies step in.



Playing for the goodies is Gaven Mattias (Matt) and some other Kyndred. Matt saves Jessa and takes her to an unknown location to let her deal with the issue that she's Kynderd as well. He tells her about the Darkyn, but she really doesn't believe him until it's almost too late.

The baddie is on her tail and as soon as she escapes from Mattias' hideout, he almost gets her. Jessa realizes what Matt's been saying all along is true and then decides she loves him because a) she can touch him without going into a dark 'shadowlight' and b) because of the dreams she's been having starring non other than.......Matthias. Yay.

Long story short, they defeat the baddies and HEA.

OK, my thoughts....twas ok. I liked the appearance of the Darkyn characters quite a bit. I really think you'd have to read the Darkyn series before you read this, because you'd really be lost in certain places.

Viehl is super descriptive (which can be annoying at times), but what disappointed me most was how different the writing was from the Darkyn series. No sex, at least not until the last 40 pages or so. Bummer.

I liked the story, I liked the plot, and I liked the characters quite a bit. The ending made me tear up so it got a slightly higher rating than I think it deserved. I am looking forward to Rowan's book. I liked her a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment