Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kyndred #2 - Dreamveil by Lynn Viehl


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Very good.

After the man she secretly loved for years fell in love with his "one", Rowan needed to get away. But Rowan isn't an ordinary girl - she's a Kyndred. She can change into a person's most beloved (female only) and is looking for the man she can be herself with. On her way to Boston, she makes a pit-stop in NYC and ends up getting stuck.



Dasant wasn't looking for love, but when he saw the woman who crashed her motorcycle in the alley of his restaurant, he felt something he never thought he'd feel. He wants her to stay. He tended her wounds, gave her a job, and offered her a place to stay (one of the two apartments above the restaurant). He knows she the one.

Sean lives in the other apartment above the restaurant. He's rude, surly and not interested. Slowly but surely, Rowan defrosts his icy heart and he falls a little more in love with her everyday. Not only do they share a love for Rowan, they share a secret that unbelievable.

So does Rowan - with both of them and she feels so guilty about it, she's willing to walk away form it all. After a major conflict with the baddie of the story, Rowan learns Dasant and Sean secret. They are the same person. During the day he's Sean, at night he's Dasant - a very special type of Kyndred. Rowan was ok with it and HEA.

I liked this one a lot. It was a high 4 for me. I liked it more than the last one. I enjoyed the characters and could feel the chemistry between the three of them. I was king of annoyed that there were so many other little stories. I think if there were less of them, I would have given it a 5.

1 comment:

  1. Viehl is one of the few authors that I have on auto reorder. I love this series and her earlier Darkyn series. I love the on going storyline and the characters from the Sherwood Forest area. Absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete