Tuesday, March 26, 2013

review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Beautiful Disaster ~ Jamie McGuire
5 of 5 stars

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match. (summary thanks to GoodReads.com)

My Thoughts:
I haven’t read an entire book in a day in a long time. I don’t know what it is about this book, but it grabbed me and didn’t let go until I was done. I just could not put it down. I really liked the plot, characters and relationships. Abby and Travis were just perfect together. I think that they brought out the worst and best in each other, but they were real and honest with each other – which I think is so important for a relationship to last. Their chemistry is hot and their love for each other is deeply felt in the story.

Travis was my favorite character. He was badass, hot and smart. He knew there was something about Abby and wasn’t going to lose the chance to find out that something was. I’m glad he, in a roundabout way, went after what he wanted. There were times when I thought Abby was completely immature and wanted to smack her. The side characters are great as well – I loved America and Shepley. Travis’s family of pretty cool and Abby’s father is horrific.

I think the story was well paced, easy to read and well written. I enjoyed the age of the characters and well as the setting. Abby’s side of the story was great and I look forward to reading Travis’s.

0 comments:

Post a Comment