Saturday, March 23, 2013

review: Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones

Death and the Girl Next DoorDeath and the Girl Next Door ~ Darynda Jones
4 of 5 stars

Things get turned upside down for sophomore Lorelei MacAlister when the Angel of Death starts high school in her small town. What she doesn’t know is that she has been slated to die. It’s simply her time. And Death has been sent to do the deed. But when he touches her, when he peers into her eyes and reaches into her heart, he realizes she is more than what he was led to believe, and he disobeys his orders. He brings her back from the brink of death when he was supposed to push her into it. Because of this, he gets trapped on this plane. And that’s when all hell breaks loose. Literally. (summary thanks to GoodReads.com)

My Thoughts: 
Great story! I enjoyed the general idea of the unique story and liked the interaction between the characters as well. I think Lorelei reminded me a lot of Charley Davidson, but then she had her own individual quirks too. I totally thought is was going to be a love triangle, and was kind of hoping so, but still the story did not disappoint. I did think that at times, the language and pop-culture references may have been a little out-dated and more suited for someone my age. Is it bad that I wanted the teenagers to find love and hook-up? It might be, but I did anyways. The chemistry between Lorelei and Jared is tense and explosive. I loved it. Well written with sad, funny and action-packed parts.  The story is fast paced, easy to read and enthralling. I can't wait for the next edition to the series :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment