Friday, August 2, 2013

review: Elite by Rachel Van Dyken

EliteElite by Rachel Van Dyken
4 of 5 stars
Published 4/14/13
DRC provided by NetGaley

For Tracey Rooks, life with her grandparents on a Wyoming farm has always been simple. But after her grandmother's death, Tracey is all her grandfather has. So when Eagle Elite University announces its annual scholarship lottery, Tracey jumps at the opportunity to secure their future and enters. She isn't expecting much-but then she wins. And life as she knows it will never be same . . .

The students at Eagle Elite are unlike any she's ever met . . . and they refuse to make things easy for her. There's Nixon, gorgeous, irresistible, and leader of a group that everyone fears: The Elect. Their rules are simple. 1. Do not touch The Elect. 2. Do not look at The Elect. 3. Do not speak to The Elect. No matter how hard she tries to stay away, The Elect are always around her and it isn't long until she finds out the reason why they keep their friends close and their enemies even closer. She just didn't realize she was the enemy -- until it was too late.
---
When I won the annual Eagle Elite College Scholarship lottery, I was thrilled. After all, my grandma had just died and I wanted to take care of my aging grandpa -- he couldn't be a farmer in Wyoming forever. And graduating from Eagle Elite meant opportunity.

But I wasn't counting on meeting Nixon.

Nor was I counting on the rules of the Elect.

1. Do not touch The Elect.
2. Do not look at The Elect.
3. Do not speak to The Elect.

And worst of all? Don't discover the secret they hide, because in the end, you may just realize... it's about you.

*This is a New Adult Book, blood, violence, cursing, sexual references, and drug use. Not recommended for those under 17.* (both summaries from GoodReads.com)

My thoughts -
Whoa. Just whoa. This book was intense and after reading the teaser chapter for book two, aaahhhhh - I want it now!!! This story has elitist collegiate snobs, douche bag bullies, forbidden romance, love triangle, domineering alpha males and mobsters. Could it get any better?

My favorite character is of course....Chase. Just love him to death. I like the fact that he was nice to and cared for Tracey before everyone found out who she was. Nixon was my least favorite. He was an ass-hat. I think he's a controlling, jealous hot-head who thinks he knows what better for everyone than they do themselves. I know that he's known and thought of her since they were little, but I think they might be better off as friends.

Those kinds of guys just need to be bitch-slapped sometimes, you know? Tracey was a bit too naive. How could she not know what her family was into. Has she never heard to the wonderful thing we call Google? Had she never used it before Eagle Elite. Did she always just go along with what everyone tells her?

I thought this story was great. It is fast paced, unique, and interesting story. I liked the chemistry and the relationships between all of the characters. The mob aspect is quite intriguing and I look forward to the next book in the series. Seriously, I'm really really looking forward to it:) When does it come out again???

0 comments:

Post a Comment