Wednesday, August 21, 2013

review: Guarded Heart by C.A. Harms

Guarded Heart

Guarded Heart by C.A. Harms

My rating: 3.5/5

DRC provided by Irresistible Reads for an honest review
Published: 3.30.13
Genre: Romance

Summary –
Life can be very scary...Really Scary when a wounded heart is involved. Giving your entire heart to someone is hard enough once but when it is completely shattered by the one person you believed would always keep it safe only makes it almost impossible to give it away a second time.

Insecurity and Jealousy play a huge roll in Samantha Riggins life as she has her whole world ripped from her when she least expects it. Will she recover and be able to allow herself to love again or continue pushing away the one person that would give anything to be able to heal her and himself by loving one another (Thanks to GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts –
Is the title a good/bad choice for the story?  
Very good choice – described Sam and Wes perfectly

List the top 3 characters and 1 word to describe them each.
Sam – hurting
Wes – willing
Allison – awesome

Give the book an alternate ending…or were you happy with it? 
 I was happy with how the story ended

Did you cry, laugh, sigh, cringe, fume or feel nothing? 
Cried, sighed, cringed, fumed and loved it!

I really thought this story was great!! It was easy to read, faced paced and used modern/normal wording. The sensual scenes were wicked hot and the romance/love story was sweet.

I liked Sam right off the bat when she told Tony to “Get.The.Fuck.Out.” I was proud of her and thought it took a lot of courage to do so. A lot of women wouldn’t have had the courage to do that in real life. Wes is unbelievably the best thing ever to happen to Sam. He’s fun and sexy and kind. I just love him to death.Allison and Mitch were also a superb addition the book.  They were great friends to Sam and were also a great pair together.

My main issue with the story is the POV from Wes. It’s not really his POV and I think that it should be. It’s third person, but I think since Sam was 1st person, so should Wes. This really puts a dent my rating for the story for me. I’d go up to 4.5 if it weren’t for that. Great story, great characters and great ending/conclusion.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review.
    I0m glad you enjoyed the book. I did too and thought it was a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete