Thursday, December 26, 2013

review: Elect by Rachel Van Dyken

Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
Elect by Rachel Van Dyken

Series: Eagle Elite #2
My rating: 4/5
DRC provided by NetGalley for an honest review
Published: 12.10.2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

Summary –

Would you die for the one you love?

Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep
Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him.

Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will.

In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . . .(Thanks to GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts –

I think the concept for this series is amazing. I absolutely loved Elite and therefore loved Elect as well. The conspiracies, love triangles and kick-ass characters make it fracking awesome.  Check out my review of Elite!!

I am Team Chase all the way, just to let you know. I’m not fond of Nix – he’s a douche.

So the big mob baddies come to town, people die, family secrets are revealed, and the real culprit is found out. In the midst of all of this, Trace and Chase become closer. I think Chase is good for Trace, but she only really sees Nix. I kind of think Trace is a dumb-ass for not seeing how she has this great guy who’s been on her side from day one and goes for the d-bag.

This a good read, and for the fact that I love the series so much I gave it 4/5. For me, if it had been in another series or a different book – I think I would have given it a 3. The story seemed to jump around a lot and seemed rushed at times. I like the different POV’s but at times, it didn’t feel like they all flowed well with one another.

Great job – I look forward to the next installment of the Eagle Elite series!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment