Monday, August 18, 2014

review: Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes



Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes

My rating:  3/5

DRC provided by NetGalley for an honest review

Published: 4.8.14

Genre:  New Adult Contemporary Romance

Summary –

STANDALONE, FULL-LENGTH NOVEL.
HEA ENDING, NO CLIFFHANGERS.

How did my life get so broken?  It’s a question Lacey St. James asks herself every day. Stuck raising her little brother in a trailer park while she works a dead end job at a grocery store, she has a stalker exboyfriend, a bad reputation, and no way out.

And then she meets Everett, whose presence changes her entire existence.

Everett is an outsider to her small community, in town for the summer housesitting one of the grand mansions off the Mississippi coast. When he saves her in a bar one night, she’s grateful but wary of his intentions. Lacey doesn’t trust most men in her life, but for reasons Lacey can't understand, Everett is completely captivated by her. He’s determined to show her that life can offer more than she’d ever hoped for, if only she believes in herself. As she works with him to free herself, Lacey desperately yearns to trust him, to move on and perhaps start fresh.

But what happens when she finds out that everything he’s told her about himself was a lie? (Thanks to GoodReads.com for the summary)

My Thoughts –

I thought Breathe Into Me was a great story about a girl from the wrong part of town finding something better on the other side.  I enjoyed Lacey and Everett’s journey toward one another.  My heart just about broke for Lacey and her circumstances.  Unfortunately people in the real world go through this kind of stuff all the time, doesn’t make it any easier to read about. 

Lacey had her ups and downs for me.  I liked how she wanted to make a better life for herself and how she wanted to take care of her little brother.  I didn’t like how she was so naive at times.  I, however, dug the hell out of Everett.  He had his flaws as well, but hello – he’s Everett. 

I liked this story and would have loved it if the editing was just a bit more consistent.  It’s east to read, fast paced and full of something you’ll want to keep reading til it’s done.  Good job tot the author, I look forward to more!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment